Responsible for the production and administration of the hourly payroll. Assists in the coordination of the daily payroll operation. This position reports to the Payroll Director and is responsible for maintaining payroll records, filing tax reports, voluntary deduction reports, preparing reports for management, as well as communication with managers and employees.
• Collect and validate employee data for input into the payroll system for pay calculation.
• Administer the reporting and payment processes required to reimburse or set up the receivables from the employee
• Administer federal mandated new hire reporting.
• Data entry and excel spreadsheets as assigned by the Payroll Director.
• Reconcile the payroll and calculation results.
• Administer the processes to issue the physical paychecks.
• Generate the GL accounting entries to accurately record the results of the payroll process.
• Generate the payroll tax file and verify mandated returns and remittances for all employees and the employer payroll taxes.
• Assist in planning, development, and implementation of department programs.
• Troubleshoot and analyze payroll system functions to ensure accuracy and compliance.
• Organize and maintain payroll activities.
• Assist outside agencies with information requests
• High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED); and at least three years of payroll processing and/or accounting related experience and/or training
• Must be proficient at Microsoft Office Excel and Word
• Preferred experience payroll processing using software Ultipro (Ultimate Software)
Hooters of America LLC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply